The ending of a marriage can be a traumatic time for everyone involved. Anger, resentment, guilt, anxiety, feelings of grief and loss can easily take over leaving you wondering how you will ever get through it. Already existing mental and physical health issues can worsen, which only intensifies your pain.
You do not have to suffer alone. We provide an objective, compassionate foundation for healing. We arm you with the tools and skills you need to work through the pain and come out on the other side, feeling happy and whole again. Reaching out for help is the first step to healing.
- Acknowledge, accept and share your feelings with a trusted other. Ignoring them or pushing them away will only lengthen the grieving process.
- Create safe spaces in your home and workplace where you can retreat, even for short periods of time, to breathe and regroup.
- Improve self-care. Find ways to show up in kindness for yourself.
- Be mindful of your thoughts. They are powerful. They heavily influence our emotions, which then helps guide our decision making.
- Prioritize your time. You have so much to manage and only so many hours in the day. It is okay to say no. You need time to grieve, rest, and heal.